• Self-starter, organized, motivated, multi-task individual with strong oral and writing skills
• Background in architectural design as well as outdoor living/landscape design.
• Experience with Auto Cad, Chief Architect, VIP 3D, or similar
• Understanding of current California Building Code
• Understanding of local municipal codes throughout San Diego County to determine their effect on project designs
• Must have a strong structural background
• 3+ years of experience in preparing and permitting residential projects
• 3+ years of experience working with AutoCAD
Candidates will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Job site visits to take measurements and document existing conditions
• Design and prepare renderings for outdoor living spaces.
• Design and prepare renderings for residential additions and well as facades
• Make adjustments and modifications to design using software based on customer input.
• Spec and price materials for your designs
• Work with structural engineer as needed to complete plans for submitting to building department
• Provide quality construction documents
Design Department Coordinator –
• Coordinate all projects in design department
• Keep projects on track with designers, engineers, and architects
• Submit projects to city/county for permits
• Draft shop drawings for the lead designers.
The ideal candidate shall have a strong desire to contribute to company’s sales and marketing efforts and have the ability and confidence to meet with clients, make presentations, find out what their requirements are, make accurate site measurements and sketches, come up with designs and layouts, help prepare proposals for clients and see them through until proposals become contracts.
Successful candidate must be a self-starter, capable of multi-tasking several projects at a time in a busy work environment, must be highly organized and motivated. Position requires some traveling within San Diego County to visit potential clients and projects under construction, as well as traveling to the city/county for permits.
$23 – $27 per hour plus bonuses
Five paid sick days a year
Medical and dental benefits
Paid holidays after 90 days
M-F 8:00AM – 4:30 PM
This position requires long hours of sitting, as well as walking around project sites.